Geomatics: New Technologies for an Innovative Planning Approach
Keywords:Geomatics, New Technologies, Digital Heritage, Drones, Mobile Mapping
The paper discusses the technical and cultural evolution of the approach to environment, landscape and cultural heritage, providing a short review of the international charters, recommendations and conventions focused on those themes. It presents some innovative ways for collecting 3D metric documentation, such as digital photogrammetry from UAV systems and mobile mapping, since 3D models are widely used in cultural heritage to create accurate records of individual monuments and buildings as well as complete sites, and they are of great interest both for research and for dissemination purposes.
The topic of the re-use and promotion of digital cultural resources is proposed as a challenge for the near future.
- Jokilehto, J. 2005. Definition of cultural heritage: References to document in history (on line: http://cif.icomos.org/pdf_docs/Documents%20on%20line/Heritage%20definitions.p df)
- Vecco, M. 2010. A definition of cultural heritage: From the tangible to the intangible, Journal of Cultural Heritage, n. 11 (2010), pp. 321-324.
- Florence Declaration, Third UNESCO World Forum on culture and cultural industries, “Culture, Creativity and Sustainable Development. Research, Innovation, Opportunities", Florence, 4th October 2014 (on line: http://www.focus2014.org/wp content/uploads/2014/09/ENG_Florence_Declaration_4oct.pdf
- Barthel-Bouchier, D. 2012. Cultural Heritage and the Challenge of Sustainability, Left Coast Press.
- CARARE: Connecting Archaeology and Architecture in Europeana (on line: http://pro.europeana.eu/web/carare)
- 3D-ICONS (on line: http://pro.europeana.eu/web/3d-icons)
- 3D-COFORM (on line: http://www.3d-coform.eu)
- Cosgrove, D., Daniels, S. 1988. The Iconography of Landscape: Essays on the Symbolic Representation, Design and Use of Past Environments, Vol. 9, Cambridge Studies in Historical Geography, ISSN 1747-3128, Cambridge University Press.
- Benediktsson, K., Lund, K.A. (Editors) 2012, Conversations With Landscape,ISBN 9781409492696, Ashgate Publishing
- European Landscape Convention, Florence, 20.10.2000 (on line: http://conventions.coe.int/Treaty/en/Treaties/Html/176.htm)
- Cosgrove, D. 1993. The Palladian Landscape: Geographical Change and its Cultural Representations in Sixteenth Century Italy, Leicester University Press.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 ICONARCH International Congress of Architecture and Planning
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.